Consultation on corporate climate disclosure
On 24 March 2021, the Task Force On Climate Related Disclosure (TCFD) launched a consultation on corporate climate-related financial disclosures.
What does this mean to the end-user?
- The consultation applies to publicly quoted companies, large private companies and limited liability partnerships (LLPs)
- Disclosure would be based on the pillars that the TCFD recommended: governance, strategy, risk management, metrics and targets
- The changes would affect reporting for accounting periods starting on or after 6 April 2022
- The consultation asks for comment on which companies will be covered, the legislative basis for the requirements and the types of information that will be required
- End users wishing to submit a response should do so by the deadline of 5 May 2021. Read more on the consultation, including details of how to respond.